Tuesday, April 15, 2014

ISTA search

This week we're going to search Information Science & Technology Abstracts (ISTA). I'm optimistic that this will be a pretty easy search because ISTA uses the EBSCO search interface, which we have encountered in this blog before.

In case you don't remember, the basic search screen looks like this:

We can see the name of the database up near the top in green. We run our simple keyword search and it returns 287 results.

Scanning the top results, I noticed a handful of results that were specifically about library websites. Since this is what I ultimately aim to build using my knowledge of web design, this is a great discovery. I tried to see if I could narrow my search to return just those records that dealt specifically with the library context. I'll show the revised search in the next post so we don't overwhelm Blogger with screenshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment