Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Google Image search

As this week's topic was numerical/statistical and image databases, I'll be searching Google Images. I chose this database from among several options because I thought that searches like "best webpage layout" or "perfect website" might lead to some useful images and be helpful for web designers who are visual learners rather than people who prefer to read to get information. I think it will also be interesting to search Google Images because so far in this blog I have been looking mostly at expensive subscription databases that have a lot more features, so it will be a challenge to work with something that is, in a lot of ways, more basic.

My initial search is shown below:



This isn't a total failure, but I can see that it shows a lot of webpages for web design companies rather than examples of good websites, and the latter is what I am going for. The revised search will be shown in the next post because Blogger can only handle one large screenshot like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment